Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Study in Rectangles

Carmi at Written Inc has asked for Geometric shapes as the current Thematic Photographic challenge. Since we had part of our chimney repointed this morning, rectangles were on my mind.



First a couple of looks at the chimney "after":




Then a look at some brick on the front of a building downtown (across from the Farmer's Market):



And another with a bonus - check out the small squares (a specialized rectangle, after all) in the tile entry.




I had fun with this. Check out what other folks found with their cameras.

3 comments:

carmilevy said...

I've always admired masons for creating such lasting, resonant structures. You've captured the geometry here so perfectly...I can almost feel the mortar!

Tell Me Why? said...

impressive :) love it..

Patent Attorney said...

I like the third one down the best, the criss-crossing effect with the shadow is quite visually appealing.