Sunday, July 01, 2007

Astrological Consideration

[inspired by Sunday Scribblings]

There are many types of astrology, I have only passing knowledge of western sun-sign astrology such as found in the daily newspapers, and Chinese astrology, introduced to many of us on our restaurant place-mats.



Astrological Consideration

When I contemplate my luck,

am I lion or a rabbit?

Is my Leo side out front?

or is the Chinese hare my habit?


Horoscopes in newspapers

explain to me my fire sign.

Charismatic leadership,

appreciating all things fine.


The noble Leo seeks the stage,

knowing that I'm always right.

Defusing crisis situations

with my creativity and might.


The Rabbit born in water yin

is more a background kind of role,

creating peaceful atmospheres

to block the world out, on the whole.


Water Rabbit loves solitude,

but communication skills are great.

Quiet, reserved, a delicate soul,

confrontation is what I hate.


Both lion and rabbit are excellent hosts.

They appreciate details and the arts.

Luckily, it seems my whole

is greater than the sum of my parts.

9 comments:

Clare said...

Really nice poem! I love how you illustrated both the rabbit and lion in such vivid ways. And the last 2 lines are so right on, too.

Maria said...

I don't know if rabbits and dogs are compatible....I just know that Bing and I are supposed to be big enemies in Chinese astrology and she always points that out when eat at our favorite Chinese place.

And...I'm a Gemini with a Virgo partner and a Leo child. Life is interesting.

sister AE said...

Thank you, Clare.


Hi, Maria.
I don't know either. I looked up lots of compatibilities at one time, but it didn't "stick." I also figure the compatibilities may be different for same-sex partners, than mainstream charts tell. Or folks like me are pushy enough that we override the status quo.

sundaycynce said...

I absolutely agree with Clare and she said it better than I. Really enjoyed your poem format and think by combining your signs, you really created a nice composite.

sister AE said...

Hi, Sundaycynce,
Thanks so much.

Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

I also agree with Clare that you illustrated both the rabbit and lion in such vivid detail.

I also only have a passing knowledge of signs, however, I do know that I too am a leo, however I was born in the year of the dragon. Translation: I think I am always right and will breathe fire if someone disagrees with me. Or perhaps not.

Again, lovely poem.

MaR said...

I enjoyed reading your poem, I know nothing about astrology except for that I am a Libra constantly looking for equilibrium...
Have a lovely day, Michele sent me!

sister AE said...

Thanks, Michele. Fellow leos are always welcome. And so are all the other signs!

Welcome, Mar.

Anonymous said...

http://actastrology.com/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=40ca7be8ece55db0a7a115714e434c13

for that deeper knowledge of astrology...