Monday, August 06, 2007

Teaser

I'm back from vacation, most of the laundry is done and I'm plowing through the work that stacked up while I was away - and the junk mail.

But just before I went on vacation, I discovered a bunch of old poetry and decided to transcribe it. I not only found some stuff from college, but I had also completely forgotten some things I wrote in high school - some was even "published" in the annual mimeographed (remember that?) art "magazine." What's more, I even discovered a booklet of poetry I put together for a 6th grade class. I was 11 years old. I'm not sure if I'll share any of the 6th-grade stuff, but I will post some of the high school works.

I didn't remember that my love for poetry started so early!

And I've been polling (ok, pestering) people at work, asking them, "Did you ever have to memorize a poem for school? If so, do you remember what it was and do you still remember any of it?" If you want to share, feel free...

No comments: